vendredi 2 octobre 2009

A little bit of R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

In a first time i didn't want to write this blog. I just didn't want to put a foot inside this battle. But i think things went to far and i am now really disapoined and disgusted when i see how this wave of disagreement is turning to a real "war". I don't like free wickedness. Actually i don't like wickedness at all but let's say i hate wickedness for FREE. Because this is what it's all about. A group of people insulting another group of people for free. Let's put names on things for everybody to well understand. (names. ok. but this "chicken shout" can work and be apply for lot of other causes than this one! Please take a note. thank you!) Last week, we've been told (and when i say "we" i'm talking about House Md viewers) that Jennifer Morrison was leaving the show. At this step let me first tell y'all that i don't care if you are more into 'Huddy' or 'Hameron' or anything else. Honestly i don't care at all! So after this annoucement, some have been really happy because they didn't like Cameron a lot, some just didn't care and some others were really sad. Let's talk about those who were sad. In this group of sad people there was 2 categories of people. The first one was made of the sad persons who liked Cameron and were simply sad (again) not to see her (or JMo) on the show (i count myself as part of this category). The second category was made of Cameron fans, who suddenly became really angry at the producers. Sad and disgusted (a bit) i can understand. Angry? No! now angry and disrespectful : ABSOLUTELY NOT! OK : they won't see Cameron as much as they used to or maybe not any more and it's making a "hole" in the show (still this "hole" can be filled by something else, someone else or just by time!). OK : they were mostly watching the show for Cameron and what turns around and then hey chose not to watch House anymore. Your decision guys! Now someone please tell me HOW can it go THAT FAR that those people are sending insulting mails to the crew & the cast?? HOW can it go THAT FAR that they are making .gif pictures showing Greg Yaitanes, David Shore, Sara Hess, Katie Jacobs or even Lisa Edelstein (????) burning? What's the point? I just can't understand.
Now people let me tell you something. First, try not to forget that : this is just a show! If you're "burning" David Shore because JMo's leaving the series what will you do when your boyfriend/girlfriend will leave you? I don't want to know!! Then, tell me what the hell does Lisa Edelstein has to do in this story? Is it her fault ? NO! And is it David Shore's or the other members of the crew? NO! I mean THEY decided it YES! For reasons that are theirs, they decided that JMo won't be as much in the show or maybe not anymore from now. Now what's your job in the show that allows you to be THAT angry and yellat everybody like that? Tell me what you do, what's your work on House MD and what you did in this series that allows you to insult people breaking their back 16hrs a day for your own 40 mins pleasure each weeks? This is the crew's decision. I agree and i think it's normal if you liked/loved Cameron (or JMo) that you are sad, disgusted, maybe a bit angry, disapointed or anything you want in a negative mood. I think this is normal. But according to me going that far sending insulting mails to the crew is just unfair and should be. I think and i know, the cat and crew are interested be our opinion about the show. Good or bad. They listen to it. They do things, see how we react to it. But this decision has just nothing to do with "us" and i don't see where we have this "backstage pass" to say "Hey you such a band of bastards! Get JMo back right now you son of a b***!" . You can go nowhere with this behaviour and i write it again : this is unfair..let me go further : this is NONE OF YOUR/OUR BUSINESS!

About JMo now. I think it's always nice to have feedbacks from fans. And this is a good thing that she recieved comments saying people were sad she was leaving, or disagreed wih the fact she was not in the show anymore. This is good. This shows how much people love her and support her work. But as far as i know the crew didn't kick her out. What kind ofimage of fans do you guys think you show when each time i log in somewhere on a House forum or fansite or anyhing and i see pictures of Katie Jacobs burning? Or when i see comments on some Twitter pages insulting the crew or making disrespectfull reflections.

I have nothing against anybody. I say it clearly. I just lay something that disturbed me and disapointed me about fans from the most watched tv on earth. I'm just saying you can be angry, maybe not that much but i can understand you are angry or anything. What i just want to say is if you have something to do : do it or say it showing some respect. Insulting people and mostly insulting people for free never lead anywhere.

/!\ Not blaming the whole 'Hameron' community, just saying that SOME PEOPLE cross the line. i know some 'Huddy' had done the same kind of things and still, without blaming the whole 'Huddy' community i think this is not a good behaviour from them too! Not chosing any 'team' just saying that sometimes it's good to show some respect. /!\

With all due respect.
thank you.
Chicken

19 commentaires:

  1. everyting has been said. You know my point of view about that.
    I won't have better said it.
    Thanks for the clarify

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. merci Pinky!
    and to everyone reading : please forgive me for my english mistakes! (i'm sure i made some! )

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. You just spoke my mind... thank you everything you wrote is so true :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. well said! that's exactly what I was thinking too. This has gotten out of control!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Thank you - said something along these lines on my twitter account @LCuddyMD - was highly offended and appalled

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I think people shouldn't blame a whole community for the actions of one individual alone

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. not blaming anyone.as i said i don't care about Huddy community or Hameron community. this is not about it. and i don't say all the people loving Jmo are like that!! hope you weren't offended. i'm just talking about the people who do that. not the others !ilove everybody you know! ;)

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. You're perfect , Poulette!
    And tomorrow, Lesson 2 : "happiness, the return"

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Let's talk about the people who sent insulting mails to producers just because they felt cheated that the sex wasn't real but an hallucination.

    As you said above they don't owe us anything.

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. i agree this is something to blame too. i didn't know it. now that you say it's absolutely possible people to have done that too. as i said at the begining of the "speech" i talked about these insult about the JMo thing but there's so much other subject we could talk about in the same words (and not only House md..i mean generally!). If i had knew for the Sex insults please believe i would have inclueded it on this article.
    hope i didn't upset you.

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. You didn't upset me Marion, sorry if I sounded harsh, it wasn't my intention, but I'm a little annoyed by the hypocrisy of this fandom. I want to say it's not OK to insult producers or bash other actors but it's ALSO not OK to insult/mock a whole community just because they ship differently, this is not a ship war.

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. you didn't sound harsh. don't worry. i just don't want to upset anybody. i'm just saying that some people did things i don't agree with. not blaming the whole community. i love Cameron and JMo and i'm open to everything. if Lisa had left and Huddy fans had this behaviour i'd have done and said the same. Please forgive me if in my article you feel like i'm blaming the whole community. Not my intention.
    i agree with you as this is not a ship war. and btw i think this small war against hameron and huddy is totally stupid.

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. hope it's all ok between us ;) (btw nice to meet you)

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. I had no idea about the whole thing until someone posted the links on a yahoo mailing list.
    So Jennifer Morrison is leaving. I'm sorry but all my sadness/tears were used up the lead of one of my favourite TV shows was killed at the end.
    I used to be a Hameron fan at the very early stages of House... later, Cameron's character turned boring... she had no impact on House... or anyone. She had her good moments but not after season 2...
    Even if the writers wrote Wilson off the show no fan would have any right to insult or question the makers of House. I would probably scream in my own room for days and cry and stuff but send insulting letters to the writers?! WTF? I had no idea such a thing could happen- I think fans of TV shows all over the world are taking these TV shows for granted, they think they *own* the shows only because they watch them, and they forget that so much effort is put into these TV shows. Personally, I'm grateful I can watch them and never in a million years would I insult any show-maker for dropping a character out of a series. I really hope this mess will end soon and I hope the makers of House will not generalise and they won't consider us all a bunch of lunatics and stop making House MD altogether.
    BTW, great post, hardly any mistakes, even though I see you're French :)
    I'm also Krisztina btw (there was sy else of the same name)

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. I was disturbed by the images of the producers burning. I found it to be very inappropriate. With that said, I hope you were just as appalled by the Obama poll on Facebook which the Secret Service are now investigating. I am not a Cameron fan but I was very saddened by the knowledge of her impending departure. Probably I am more confused than anything. I really, really don't understand why it was necessary to let her go. And for people who don't like Huddy, the most effective way to voice your opinion is to use use your TiVo fast forward button. I hate Huddy with a passion and that's what I do. It is a very direct way to let the TPTB, the network, and the advertisers know what you like or don't like.

    RépondreSupprimer
  16. I don't support anyone who did this, and I love Cameron and I hate that she's leaving the show, but then we and the producers have to admit that even if it's wrong, this is something you can't control. There's no internet police, this is not a face to face fight, and celebrities (and I include the producers in this category) unfortunately are out there to be judged. Anyone has an opinion on them, good or bad, and you're entitled to it.

    The internet gives you a certain advantage when you want to raise your voice: you're anonymous. Many of us have had what you may call virtual disagreements when we are out in a forum, when you post a comment on something and someone doesn't think the same way. Ordinary people being harsh to each other as if they had had years of disagreements. Classic. Why would it be different when it comes to famous people?

    Like I said, this is wrong, and it's not like a certain fandom is better or worse or one is more polite and the other more agressive. Everyone's the same, just pull certain strings and you'll see the madness start.

    You're just a name in the internet, nothing else. There's no punishment, there's no guilt.

    RépondreSupprimer
  17. I have seen the recent events, especially about Jennifer Morrison leaves the show. I don't have twitter (I really don't know how to use it ... lol), but some friends has kept me informed. And I read this post about the lack of respect of some fans to producers. And that's what I want to talk.

    First, I would like to apologize to fans of Jennifer who burned photos and offended the producers. This isn't the most sensible way to deal with the situation. I'm very sad and depressed over the possible departure of her show. I have been through the "stages of death": depression, anger, but I think now I'm trying to bargain! *laughs*

    The fact that they say will no longer watch the show, well, I know a lot people who are saying it. If it's true or not, I would like to share my views with you to you could understand our side.
    The series began with the characters fixed. House, Wilson, Cuddy, Foreman, Chase and Cameron. Learned to like of each character. I, for example, become attached with Dr. Allison Cameron. Her sweetness, innocence, intelligence, gentleness, care and respect with your co-workers and patients, the question of ethics raised by the character, growth and personal maturity and professional, among many other things I can't describe in words.
    When the original team was replaced by the new team, which left the vast majority of people upset with this change was the fact that it reduced the appearance of old characters, like Chase and Cameron. But we conform. We believe that producers were doing the right thing and we won't disappoint.
    But I confess: the magic of the show was lost. From the first until the third season, I saw every episode - seriously, I'm not exaggerating, it's true - about 20 times. Already the fourth and fifth season were good, but I only saw only twice. I haven't wish to see, especially those episodes in which Cameron didn't appear. And that's when I realized that besides a fan of House MD, I was in love with Allison Cameron and the wonderful performance of actress Jennifer Morrison.

    And this is regardless of shipper question: is Hameron, Chameron, Hilson, we are all united in that feeling of loss. I have seen many fans of the series lost with the Jennifer's departure of show. A character that has captivated and helped build the success that the series has become today.

    And I'm lost now! The interviews and responses are all very vague ... I just wanted to know the truth with sincerity: Jennifer is definitely out of show or if it is only temporary. I wanna to prepare my emotional and psychological side to accept this hard fact and enjoy the last moments of glory of Cameron on the show. And being able to move on. Or relieve my heart, knowing that it is temporary...

    Anyway, I hope you can understand me ...

    RépondreSupprimer
  18. I will definitely miss Cameron. And I think that there is an appropriate way for fans to let their opinions be known. Sometimes peaceful petitioning The Powers That Be have worked, sometimes not.

    But yeah, the crazies out there forget there are human beings they are insulting. And they are the ones that make it hard for kind, gentle fans, to have any chance to Tweet with celebs (or, be still my heart, meet them in person).

    Now, if Hugh Laurie left, I might not watch again. But I don't think that's going to happen ::knocking on closest piece of wood:::

    Merci :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  19. I'm extremely late to the party, dahling (I'm on Twitter as @madfashionista), but my take on it is that House is an organic show, it's been on for five and a half seasons. There has to be change, both for the viewers and for the sake of the creators. You can't expect House to be like Law & Order, where if a character changes it doesn't matter (save the late, great Jerry Orbach). I'm sorry Jennifer Morrison had to leave, but her career continues. I also have been amazed at the outcry and bad behavior of the fan community. But that's what happens in an atmosphere where everyone is essentially anonymous.

    RépondreSupprimer